NOTE: Applications will only be processed when college is in session.
Dreamkeepers provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Dreamkeepers assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
Note: If you do not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements below, please contact the Dreamkeepers College Administrator via the contact information at the bottom of this page to discuss your situation.
To be eligible to apply, the student must:
- be enrolled in a financial aid-eligible technical diploma or associate degree program;
- be awarded a federal Pell Grant;
- have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- have a minimum term/semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 for the most recent term;
- maintain “satisfactory academic progress” (SAP) for federal financial aid purposes;
- have on record a successful course completion (course or non-credit) in a prior term at Nicolet College;
- have a qualifying “emergency” event that is documentable
Assistance is granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Interested students must create an account and submit an application. Documentation of your request for assistance, including copies of bills or estimates, is required.
Students will monitor the status of their application through their Dreamkeeper account in the online portal.
A representative from the Learner Success department will contact you once your assistance payments are ready to be picked up from the Business Office located in the Welcome Center on the Lake Julia Campus.